Guantánamo anniversary: Amnesty International launches media resource centre
The site, available at http://www.amnesty.org/en/for-media/resources/counter-terror-with-justice, is being launched as a resource for the 7th anniversary of the first transfers of detainees to Guantánamo -- on 11 January 2009.
Information on the site includes:
• Facts and figures regarding US detentions at Guantánamo.
• List of AI's country and legal experts available for comment, analysis and interviews in various languages.
• Information on current and recently released Guantánamo detainees.
• AI's Framework for Ending Illegal Detention.
• AI’s recommendations for President Obama’s first 100 days in Office.
• Analysis of human rights violations committed by the US government in the context of the “war on terror”, beyond Guantánamo.
• Photos of current and former Guantánamo detainees.
• Details of public actions and photo opportunities across the world where AI activists will be calling for the closure of Guantánamo.
• AI’s factual reports and analysis pieces related to Guantánamo, published since 2001.
For more information or to organize an interview with one of Amnesty International’s experts, please contact:
Josefina Salomon, press officer, T:+44 207 413 5562, M:+44 7778 472 116, email@example.com