The 2013 Annual Report on
Burundi is now live »
Consists of a pre-publication version of the introduction and chapter 7 of a major AI report on "disappearances" and political killings which will be published ...
Report ACT 33/075/1993
1. Burundi: Killings continue a month after coup attempt; 2. Turkey: Fears of imminent resumption of executions after nine-year moratorium.
Report NWS 11/157/1993
1. United Kingdom: AI calls for respect for human rights amid escalating violence. 2. Burundi: Interview with mission delegate just returned from scene of coup.
Report NWS 11/145/1993
1. Burundi: AI delegates return from Bujumbura with reports of killings following coup last week.
Report NWS 11/142/1993
1. Burundi: AI calls for end to killings; 2. India: AI concerned by rising death toll in Srinagar; 3. Sri Lanka: More than a thousand arbitrarily arrested and at ...
Report NWS 11/139/1993
1. Burundi: AI visits Burundi. 2. Russia: AI concerned at reports of ill- treatment of political opponents in Moscow. 3. China: Letter about released prisoner of ...
Report NWS 11/130/1993
1. North Korea: Evidence of systematic abuses emerges. 2. Tunisia: Deaths in custody linked to torture. 3. The former USSR: Homosexual sex decriminalized in three ...
Newsletter NWS 21/007/1993
This document contains 9 appeal cases which illustrate AI's concerns about human rights violations against trade unionists. They are: the imprisonment of Emile ...
Report ACT 73/002/1993
This document summarizes AI's human rights in Burundi, one year after a counter-insurgency operation to repel attacks by armed insurgents resulted in the ...
Report AFR 16/010/1992
1. Djibouti: Amnesty International criticizes convictions by security tribunal and appeals for release of prisoners of conscience (including Ali Aref); 2. Burundi ...
Report NWS 11/047/1992