The 2013 Annual Report on
Denmark is now live »
1. Denmark: Amnesty International welcomes recommendation that "Mrs Anderson" be paid compensation.
Report NWS 11/049/1995
1. Denmark: Amnesty International has not retracted concerns about ill-treatment.
Report NWS 11/209/1994
1. USA: New crime bill criticized for expansion of federal death penalty; 2. Togo: New government fails to put human rights on its agenda; 3. Yemen: Human rights ...
Report NWS 11/199/1994
1. Turkey: Attack on free speech intensifies; 2. Denmark: Wide-ranging ill-treatment by police; 3. South Africa: AI letter welcomes decision on human rights treaties ...
Newsletter NWS 21/008/1994
1. Denmark: AI reiterates call for independent inquiry into police ill-treatment.
Report NWS 11/159/1994
On 21 June 1994 AI released a report entitled "Denmark: Police ill-treatment" (EUR 18/01/94), highlighting several cases of ill-treatment including the use of a ...
Report EUR 18/005/1994
1. Denmark: AI welcomes suspension of leg-lock; 2. Liberia: AI visit to Liberia.
Report NWS 11/137/1994
1. Denmark: AI challenges police to respond to recommendations on ill-treatment; 2. South Africa: Human rights abuses underscore urgent need for action against ...
Report NWS 11/131/1994
This report describes recent incidences of ill-treatment by Danish police, including the indiscriminate firing into a crowd during a violent demonstration on 18 ...
Report EUR 18/002/1994
AI is concerned about a disturbing pattern of police ill-treatment of those in their custody. This pattern has emerged in two areas of policing: the first has been ...
Report EUR 18/001/1994