The 2013 Annual Report on
India is now live »
1. India: Summary of Amnesty International's memorandum to the Government of India arising from an Amnesty International visit to India 5-15 January ...
Report NWS 11/183/1994
1. India: Complacent response to Amnesty International's findings.
Report NWS 11/182/1994
1. Bhutan / Nepal: Governments must respect rights of Bhutanese exiles in forthcoming talks. 2. India: Amnesty International calling for inquiry into alleged ...
Report NWS 11/176/1994
Ajit Kumar Bhuyan is being held in police custody and is presently in the Guwahati Medical College Hospital receiving medical treatment. Doctors are ...
Urgent Action ASA 20/025/1994
1. India: Challenge to government to seriously address "disappearances" in Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab.
Report NWS 11/154/1994
On 17 June the Punjab and Haryana High Court directed the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to inquire into the "disappearance" of Sukhwinder ...
Urgent Action ASA 20/022/1994
In the early hours of 5 July 1994 police reportedly arbitrarily arrested Ajit Kumar Bhuyan at his home in Guwahati, Assam. His current whereabouts are ...
Urgent Action ASA 20/021/1994
Semana de AI 1994: Ninos y jovenes - casos de llamamiento
Report ACT 31/002/1994
1. Haiti: Shanty-town residents die in mass killings; 2. USA: Governor allows death penalty to be reinstated; 3. Spain: Prisoner hangs himself after beatings ...
Newsletter NWS 21/007/1994
This document contains fourteen cases of young people in various countries who have suffered human rights violations. They are: the torture of 9-year ...