The 2013 Annual Report on
Jamaica is now live »
1. United Nations: Progress stalled on High Commissioner for Human Rights; 2. Haiti: Eye-witness account of extrajudicial execution (Antoine Izmery); 3. Jamaica ...
Report NWS 11/146/1993
1. Jamaica: Decision in case of two Jamaican prisoners should save prisoners' lives across the Caribbean.
Report NWS 11/144/1993
1. USA: Executions ever increasing. 2. Jamaica: Hearing of death row inmates finishes but decision pending. 3. Central African Republic: Letter from released prisoner ...
Report NWS 11/086/1993
1. Jamaica: Amnesty International sends observer to London hearing of Jamaica death sentence cases. 2. Round-table conference in Oslo: Aims to strengthen efforts ...
Report NWS 11/071/1993
1. Jamaica: Constitutional motion delays resumption of hangings.
Report NWS 11/013/1993
1. Guinea-Bissau totally abolishes the death penalty. 2. Launch of International League for Abolition of the Death Penalty. 3. Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago: Moves ...
Newsletter ACT 53/001/1993
1. Venezuela: Amnesty International delegation visits Venezuela.
Report NWS 11/005/1993
The Jamaican authorities have announced that hangings will resume in February, following a review of the cases of more than 130 prisoners sentenced to death. Some ...
Report AMR 38/001/1993
1. Resumption of executions in Pakistan. 2. Algeria: Islamists condemned to death. 3. Outcry over executions in the USA. 4. European Parliament condemns executions ...
Newsletter ACT 53/003/1992
1. Death sentences and executions in 1990. 2. USSR releases death penalty statistics. 3. International treaties. 4. Moves towards abolition: Yugoslavia, Poland, ...
Newsletter ACT 53/002/1991