The 2013 Annual Report on
Rwanda is now live »
1. AI welcomes decision by UN Commission, but calls for more effective action on the human rights crisis in Rwanda.
Report NWS 11/114/1994
1. Turkey: Four-year prison sentence for giving testimony on human rights violations to European Parliament (Mehdi Zana). 2. A call for UN human rights action on ...
Report NWS 11/107/1994
1. Rwanda/Burundi: AI launches public appeal for exceptional United Nations action on Rwanda and Burundi.
Report NWS 11/091/1994
In this document AI sets out its recommendations for urgent and coordinated human rights action by the UN on both Rwanda and Burundi. A special session of the Commission ...
Report IOR 41/002/1994
This report documents AI's concern about the killings in Rwanda precipitated by the killing on 6 April 1994 of President Juvenal Habyarimana. By early May almost ...
Report AFR 47/011/1994
1. Pakistan: Police ignore attacks on Ahmadiyya; 2. Israel and the Occupied Territories: Israel must conduct policing review in the wake of the Hebron massacre; ...
Newsletter NWS 21/005/1994
1. Rwanda's military and government authorities complicit in atrocities; 2. China: Highest recorded death sentence figures probably fall drastically short of the ...
Report NWS 11/086/1994
Charles Shamukiga, a human rights activist with the Association des volontaires de la paix (AVP), is dead. He is believed to have been killed on 7 April 1994, the ...
Urgent Action AFR 47/006/1994
1. Amnesty International calls for suspension of US military assistance to Colombia (AIUSA news release). 2. Rwanda: A crisis long in the making.
Report NWS 11/075/1994
The three ministers named above, Faustin Rucogoza, Landoald Ndasingwa and Frederic Nzamurambano have been extrajudicially executed by the Presidential Guard. It ...
Urgent Action AFR 47/004/1994