The 2013 Annual Report on
Somalia is now live »
1. Somalia: Human rights a priority in rebuilding Somalia; 2. South Africa: Learning the lessons of the Bophuthatswana crisis.
Report NWS 11/063/1994
This paper examines the evolution of human rights protection and promotion in the context of United Nations (UN) peace-keeping operations. It sets out AI's 15-Point ...
Report IOR 40/001/1994
1. UK: Prison officers killed Zairian asylum-seeker says inquest. 2. Guatemala: Jailed soldiers withdraw death squad allegations. 3. Myanmar: Ma Thida, prisoner ...
Newsletter NWS 21/001/1994
This document describes AI's concerns about a number of countries and issues relevant to the agenda of the forthcoming session of the UN Commission on Human Rights ...
Report IOR 41/038/1993
1. Somalia: AI concerned about detentions and killings by United Nations troops.
Report NWS 11/140/1993
1. Danger! Governments at large; 2. Behind the lies: how governments conceal the terror; 3. Getting away with murder: the scourge of impunity; 4. Abuses by armed ...
Report ACT 33/035/1993
This chapter of a forthcoming major AI report, together with Chapter G-2, shows how the UN and other intergovernmental organizations approach the problem of " ...
Report ACT 33/006/1993
1. Somalia: Amnesty International concerned at killings of civilians by United Nations peacekeeping troops. 2. Sierra Leone: Amnesty International calls on government ...
Report NWS 11/064/1993
This report reviews the progress made in tackling the human rights disaster and sets out proposals for the long-term protection of basic human rights. In December ...
Report AFR 52/001/1993
1. Somalia: Update on a disaster - Amnesty International proposals for human rights. 2. Bosnia-Herzegovina: Continued human rights abuses.
Report NWS 11/041/1993