The 2013 Annual Report on
Syria is now live »
1. Syria: Radical measures needed to improve appalling human rights record. 2. Brazil: Amnesty International's Secretary General raises concern on safety of key ...
Report NWS 11/071/1995
1. Pakistan: Child defendant should be protected from Islamists' attacks and immediately released.
Report NWS 11/036/1995
Fawzi Rida, the last of those named above to remain in detention, was released on 8 January 1995. Muhammad 'Id Ashawi and 'Abd al-Hamid Miqdad were released on ...
Urgent Action MDE 24/001/1995
1. Indonesia: Police crack down on protesters; 2. Mexico: New president faces troubled human rights legacy; 3. AI harassed in Middle East; 4. Syria: AI raises 1000 ...
Newsletter NWS 21/001/1995
1. Indonesia / East Timor: Human rights violations continue three years after Santa Cruz massacre. 2. India: Call for immediate reform of anti-terrorist legislation ...
Report NWS 11/257/1994
1. Syria: Amnesty International to visit Syria to meet government officials.
Report NWS 11/237/1994
1. Turkey: Attack on free speech intensifies; 2. Denmark: Wide-ranging ill-treatment by police; 3. South Africa: AI letter welcomes decision on human rights treaties ...
Newsletter NWS 21/008/1994
1. Area under the jurisdiction of the Palestinian authority: Death in custody. 2. Syria: Syrian political prisoners freed. 3. Sudan: Peace talks must guarantee ...
Report NWS 11/150/1994
The eleven people named above were released on 3 July 1994.
Urgent Action MDE 24/008/1994
There have been reports that, in addition to Georges Haddad, the people named above were tortured during detention in the Ministry of Defence in Beirut. Gabi 'Aql ...
Urgent Action MDE 18/009/1994