The 2012 Annual Report on
Trinidad & Tobago is now live »
Clive Smart is about to be issued with a warrant for his execution on 6 February 1996.
Urgent Action AMR 49/001/1996
The whereabouts of Dr Robert Naidike, a Nigerian national, detained on 28 November 1995, are unknown. This, coupled with allegations that he has already been subjected ...
Urgent Action AMR 49/003/1995
1. Spain becomes wholly abolitionist; 2. UAE: Philippine maid spared; 3. Belgium to abolish death penalty; 4. Ukraine: Moratorium on executions; 5. Macao: Abolition ...
Newsletter ACT 53/004/1995
Clyde Lewis, also known as "Joe Daylight", has been sentenced to 10 strokes of the birch. Lewis was convicted of rape in 1989 and sentenced to 10 years' imprisonment ...
Urgent Action AMR 49/002/1995
1. Trinidad and Tobago: Man executed while appeals still in progress. 2. USA (Massachusetts): state legislature moves to reinstate death penalty. 3. USA (Arkansas ...
Newsletter ACT 53/003/1994
1. South Korea: New arrests in clampdown on freedom of expression. 2. Amnesty International participates in forum reviewing Trinidad & Tobago's Government violation ...
Report NWS 11/188/1994
Following the execution of Glen Ashby on 14 July there is grave concern that more prisoners will be executed regardless of the state of their appeals. Glen Ashby ...
Urgent Action AMR 49/003/1994
1. Trinidad and Tobago: AI strongly condemns first execution in almost 15 years.
Report NWS 11/152/1994
1. Trinidad and Tobago: Urgent appeal to stop first execution for 14 years.
Report NWS 11/149/1994
1. Saudi Arabia: Iraqis suffer gross violation of rights in two Saudi Arabian refugee camps; 2. Rwanda: AI condemns the slaughter of thousands; 3. Turkey: Eight ...
Newsletter NWS 21/006/1994