The 2012 Annual Report on
Yemen is now live »
This report is based on the findings of an AI delegation which visited Yemen in July 1994 to research allegations of human rights abuses reported to have been ...
Report MDE 31/006/1994
1. USA: New crime bill criticized for expansion of federal death penalty; 2. Togo: New government fails to put human rights on its agenda; 3. Yemen: Human rights ...
Report NWS 11/199/1994
'Ali Muhammad Qassim al-Mefalhi was arrested by Political Security forces on 15 August 1994 in Ta'iz and has since been held in incommunicado detention at an unknown ...
Urgent Action MDE 31/005/1994
At least five of the above named people are reported to have been executed on 29 July 1994. The execution of the remaining nine is said to be imminent. The ruling ...
Urgent Action MDE 31/004/1994
1. Yemen: Release of journalists; 2. Myanmar government declares it has no human rights problem, while its army torches a civilian refugee camp.
Report NWS 11/162/1994
On 21 July the Yemeni authorities released all the journalists who had been arrested between 17 and 18 July 1994 following a seminar organized by the Yemen Times ...
Urgent Action MDE 31/003/1994
Over 15 people, including those named above, were arrested on 17 and 18 July 1994 following a seminar organized by the Yemen Times. All were arrested by al-Amn ...
Urgent Action MDE 31/002/1994
1. Yemen: Risk of torture after recent arrests; 2. Argentina: AI gravely concerned at attack on Jewish organization in Buenos Aires.
Report NWS 11/155/1994
1. Yemen: AI visit; 2. European Union arms export control lacks human rights scrutiny.
Report NWS 11/146/1994
1. Yemen: Arbitrary arrests of civilians continue.
Report NWS 11/099/1994