The 2013 Annual Report on
Yemen is now live »
Over 15 people, including those named above, were arrested on 17 and 18 July 1994 following a seminar organized by the Yemen Times. All were arrested by al-Amn ...
Urgent Action MDE 31/002/1994
1. Yemen: Risk of torture after recent arrests; 2. Argentina: AI gravely concerned at attack on Jewish organization in Buenos Aires.
Report NWS 11/155/1994
1. Yemen: AI visit; 2. European Union arms export control lacks human rights scrutiny.
Report NWS 11/146/1994
1. Yemen: Arbitrary arrests of civilians continue.
Report NWS 11/099/1994
1. Haiti: AI cautiously welcomes change in US policy; 2. Yemen: AI calls on both sides to respect human rights.
Report NWS 11/097/1994
At least 23, and possibly as many as 41, members of the former National Democratic Front, NDF, are currently in detention. At least one, Mansur Rajih, is a prisoner ...
Report MDE 31/004/1993
1. China: AI fears mass arrests in Tibet as military surround villages. 2. Yemen: Political prisoners still behind bars. 3. Sweden: AI fears forcible return of ...
Report NWS 11/096/1993
'Ali 'Abdul-Fattah Hashim , who was arrested on a charge of apostasy in April 1992, was released from Sana'a Central Prison in June 1993, into the care of his brother ...
Action Document MDE 31/003/1993
1. Tadzhikistan: The tragedy the world ignores. 2. Chad: The nightmare continues. 3. Bosnia-Herzegovina: Sandzak Muslims abducted from Serbian- held areas. 4. Turkey ...
Newsletter NWS 21/002/1993
Mansur Muhammad Rajih, a writer and poet under sentence of death as a result of an unfair trial and evidence that the charge on which he was convicted was trumped ...
Report MDE 31/002/1993